ABOUT THE EVENT:
inspireWiT is a technology-focused day for women. It includes talks, networking and workshops centred around entering the Technology industry and creating new opportunities.
When one woman helps another, amazing things can happen. Professional careers leap forward. That's what Women in Technology is all about.
GENDER PAY GAP REPORTING
Interesting facts about Women in Tech...
- At Google, women make up 30 percent of the company's overall workforce, but hold only 17 percent of the company's tech jobs.
- The number of working women in technology is significantly lower than most other UK work sectors. Just 17% of those working in Technology in the UK are female.
- At Facebook, 15 percent of tech roles are staffed by women.
- Only 7% of students taking computer science A-level courses are female. Just half of the girls that study IT & Tech subjects at school go into a job in the same field.
WHY ATTEND WiT?
Organisations are slowly starting to recognise the benefits of employing more women in the Technology sector.
Only one-in-six of tech specialists in the UK are women, compared with 47% of the entire workforce, research from the Tech Partnership’s Women in IT scorecard reveals. Worse still, fewer than one-in-ten of these women are in leadership positions.
If you think Technology is an area that you would like to focus for your career move, come down and visit MHR at the WiT show 2018, we have a number of open vacancies.
- Build a City the Agile way
MHR will be creating a workshop around building a city with lego. Scrum Simulation with LEGO Bricks, is a great way to experience agile ways of working. Make sure you come and visit us to have a go at our great, fun and challenging workshop.